Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Make 9: Knittin' Ain't Easy

     I know, I know. It's been well over a week since I posted my last make. What can I say? Frankly, I'm surprised that I made it to the end of February without slacking off. I haven't actually been slacking off (well, not much). I have been busy, and I have gotten some making done. I enjoyed making the hat for my son that I decided to try my hand at some more knitting. Behold! The scarf!


     This was made on a smaller knitting loom, but of the same yarn as the hat. Actually, I think it came out better than the hat, and I am already working on another one. I gave this one to Rachelle, as she was headed off to Fairbanks for the week. I think it looked very pretty on her! :)

     I was not the only maker this week, no sir. Rachelle, who is much craftier than I, and much handier in the kitchen, made an incredible braided, challah-like bread this weekend. It was made of three different doughs, so it looked, and tasted, great. We used one loaf for french toast, and the other has been great with butter and jam. Here are the two loaves fresh from the oven:


     See? Don't they look great? Told ya! Now, stay tuned for another post later this week, as I play catch up...

No comments:

Post a Comment