Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vodka Update

     I finally had a chance to bottle the ginger-infused vodka today. I poured it out of the mason jar through a sieve, and then into the bottles through a tea strainer. The end result:


As you can see, I ended up with 1.5 bottles. The bottles I used were glass bottles that were from kombucha purchased at the store. (Spoiler: expect to read about homemade kombucha as some point in the next few weeks). I did sample the vodka, and it was really good! It was gingery, but with just a hint of heat. The flavor of ginger definitely came through, though. It is now in the freezer, getting ice cold, and waiting to be drunk neat, or in a tasty cocktail. Recipe suggestions,anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Ginger vodka & lemonade is delicious. Sampled it in the liquor store.

    ReplyDelete